Seeking Managers for upcoming Season! - Posted 08/25/2015
Managers and Supervisors Wanted
Paoli Peaks is looking for new faces to join our team of managers and supervisors for the upcoming winter season! Position(s) available is a full, part-time position starting mid-November and lasting until the end season (Mid-March) with the eligibility for annual rehire. Hours will start off as part-time, approximately 20 hours per week, and will increase to approximately 40 hours per week once the season kicks-off. Weekends are required. Paoli Peaks is a ski resort; the environment is fun, fast-paced, and often cold. This position(s) requires a trustworthy and reliable person(s) who is committed to Paoli Peaks. It is very important that you have reliable transportation and are comfortable driving in the snow. Most duties are hands on, but also requires some administrative work. Knowledge of Skiing, Snowboarding, or Snow tubing is not a requirement, but previous management experience is. Applications and Resumes are being accepted now. Interviews will be schedule once your application and resume have been received.
APPLICATIONS can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject of “Manager Position” or mail to Paoli Peaks, Human Resources, PO Box 67, Paoli IN 47454.
- 50% off discount at F&B
- $1 Season Pass
- Deeply discounted season passes for immediate family members
- Complimentary Tickets for your guests
- And More!
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintaining a safe, secure, and legal work environment; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Maintain employee work schedules including assignments, job rotation, training, and cover for absenteeism.
- Accomplishes staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; developing, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards. Delegate responsibilities effectively.
- Maintains quality service by enforcing quality and customer service standards; analyzing and resolving quality and customer service problems; identifying trends; recommending system improvements.
- Maintain transparent communication. Appropriately communicate information through department meetings, one-on-one meetings, and appropriate email, IM, and regular interpersonal communication.
- Manage the overall operation and activities of the department.
- Planning and maintaining work systems, procedures, and policies.
- Maintain department inventory, records, and other department specific duties.
- Communicate regularly with other department managers and other designated contacts.
- Maintain a Healthy and safe workforce environment.
- Become Knowledgeable with Paoli Peaks; its policies, procedures, goals, and services..
- Perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
- Previous Manager experience
- Outgoing, positive, and assertive personality with great customer service
- Ability to communicate effectively, improvise, and work as a team
- Basic knowledge of computers is a must, specifically with:
- Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- Navigating the Internet
- Corresponding via Email
- Ability to multi-task, function well in a busy & stressful atmosphere
Season Passes go on sale August 1st with the lowest prices available for the rest of the season. We know its summer and hot, but now's the time to start thinking cooler thoughts.... winter thoughts... snowy thoughts... thoughts of you on the slopes this coming season and with direct access to the slopes! How do I get Direct Access to the slopes? »